Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lake Louise – Moraine Lake and Sentinel Pass

I arrived to Lake Louise this morning and in my luggage I had a sever hangover. After a substantial breakfast in Lake Lousie Village this was partly cured and I headed over to my great HI Hostel to drop of some luggage.

After that there was one small problem. To get to the nice hiking trails in this area you either need a. a car or b. enough cash to take a taxi. Sense I do not possess any of these traits I did what I have never done before – hitch-hike the 14 km to Moraine Lake.  For hitch-hiking you need a. a paper with destination b. a smile on your face c. a bit of luck and d. a car with at least 2 women inside.

Anyway, let’s not waste more details on that (more than the fact that I also hitch-hiked back to my hostel), look at today’s pictures (well not all of them) and acknowledge the fact that I hiked approximately 20 km today...



Moraine Lake


Pathway of to Sentinel Pass



Sentinel Pass 2699 m




Still some snow left which we need to cross


Not everyone has the strenght to continue


Some hikers are more advanced than others..




Almost up..


Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment