Saturday, August 6, 2011

Discovering Jasper – Patricia and Pyramid Lake

For those of you how laughed at my bear spray and bear bell in my previous post, I will now prove you wrong.

I decided to spend my Sunday on the trail close to downtown Jasper, due to the weather forecasts which promised rain. On my way down to Jasper, our shuttle suddenly stops abruptly and our driver advices us to look out the window. Next to the road, there is a small bear, looking for berries waling in and out of the forest. You can imagine my excitement! (Therefore also the quality of the pictures, I must have been too excited).



Anyway, this is how I met my first bear and how my bear spray suddenly became totally justified.
After the incident I quickly paired up with a nice girl from England, since you should not hike alone (which now was proven by the live bear). Together we hiked a 12 km trail up to Patricia and Pyramid lake.






Mount Whistler in the background


The weather in downtown Jasper


2 comments:

  1. amazing pictures honey! and i think you were quite lucky to see a wild bear ;)

    ReplyDelete