Friday, August 5, 2011

Climbing Whistler Mountain

Upon my arrival I decided to utilize the rest of my Saturday to explore the surroundings of the hostel. 1200 meters over the sea the hostel was located at the foot of Mount Whistler peaking at 2265 meters over the sea, the Whistlers trail was a natural choice (maybe not the best). After spending 10 hours on the greyhound I was exhausted but the determined to make the 10 km ascending 1 km up to the mountain where Canada’s longest cable car waited to bring me back to safe levels.

Accompanying me on my hike was 1. A bear spray and 2. A bear bell as it is essential to NOT hike alone and if you do it ANYWAY make sure you make sounds and carry weapons. You might question if there are any bears at all in the area…(I will soon prove you wrong).








Anyway, the hike proved to offer a magnificent view, however it was also one of the worst moments in my life as my water ran out after half of the way and with no one knowing where I was, there was never an opportunity to give up.

However, I made it and I am damn proud of myself.









No comments:

Post a Comment