Sunday, March 4, 2012

To Ski Or Not To Ski

 

I had the opportunity to join a few newfound friends up in the mountains when they were going skiing. I heard that the snow quality has been bad this year so I was a bit reluctant to rent all the necessary gear and buy some equipment just to enjoy the snow for a day.
So I stayed in the cottage while the others were out plowing the new fallen snow powder, and I was green of envy (or maybe white?). Not even my great book (“Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts" by Lucy Dillon) and my warm chocolate could substitute the skiing experience. But with one month left of the ski season and without a car it seems a bit distant for me to go skiing… I guess I just have to avoid the mountains and pray that the new fallen snow melts fast so we can do some proper hiking instead. Meanwhile I should probably focus on other more important things.
(Judging from the pictures you notice that the weather was not that great… and yes, the ski facilities in the Rockies can get crowded too).




Photographs: Lake Louise Ski Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment