Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunshine Village


Today I had the privilege to join a few friends on a one day ski trip to Sunshine Village Ski Resort in Banff National Park. While I have been longing for the snow ever since last weekend I was a bit anxious that most of it had melted away (yesterday we had 14 degrees Celsius here in Calgary). Lucky for me the snow was still there and Mother Nature decided to fill up on the storage during the afternoon.

Sunshine Village offered great slopes but to my disappointment they were all not groomed. Probably a dream for all snowboarders (which most of the people are here) but a hell for a skier – felt like I was going off-piste several times.  I even encounter a slope with a warning sign for avalanches (that’s who ungroomed the slopes are!!!).  At one point I was sliding down the slope rather than skiing and that does not happen often (or maybe it’s a sign I need to take a ski class or not go in the dubble diamond black slopes).
Relaxing the rest of the evening with a cup of green tea and my new favorite TV show (while my other favorites are on hold) – Ringer.
Good Morning Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment