Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Problem of Entering the US

So after spending two hours on public transportation to Pearson International Airport I was denied entrance to the US due to the fact that I did not have a VISA… Complicated as it is the form you usually fill out on the airplane now needs to be filed electronically before travelling and it costs you 14 $ - probably covering the current deficits in the US budget (=ESTA - and yes I should have know that). Luckily if you manage to fill it out you are granted direct access to the US. Thank god for my computer, visa card and the wireless internet at the airport which made me successfully fill out an application (while my hands were trembling and my eyes filled with tears because of the stress). In between I called M in desperation to make sure I filled in all the questions correctly…

Well, after actually being granted access I was hand-picked in the security zone for having a Swiss army knife (seriously, what was it still doing in my hand bag?). Seems I have inherent some of my mom’s luck when it comes to airports. Anyway, knifeless I am now waiting for my flight which leaves in 45 min. I just wonder what adventure waits for me when returning to Canada again…

Enjoy your weekend!

Btw my blog has now had 1000 page views – congratulations to all readers for choosing this amazing blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment